Monday, March 01, 2010

ROLLER BALL PEN

I have a roller ball pen that I have really liked, but having had it in storage for the past nearly two years, it has dried out. I'm trying an experiment by soaking it point down in water for a number of days. I can see the dried out pieces of ink inside. More info later to let you know if it works. I try it every day, and it seems it shows more color each time.

I have also packed a tiny art kit for an upcoming vacation. Very small pieces of paper, a few pens and pencils and a tiny child sized 3x2" paint box with good paint in it. The old stuff was washed out and I put new stuff in it. I have three small brushes, a pencil sharpener, a tiny piece of sponge, and a wee bit of chamois and two stomps. It all fits into one little box and I love it. I've been using this kit for years now and it does everything that I want at a short notice. The small bits of paper make drawing or painting totally unintimidating and I always come away with something fun.

During a nap yesterday I had the visions for a REALLY good mystery. I've written down all of the details that I remember and begun an outline. I'm so excited about it. It is amazing what the brain does when at rest. Maybe that is why I don't sleep well.

No comments: