Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TEN THINGS TUESDAY AFTER HAWAII

1. We had such a good time in Hawaii. They said the weather was cool, but it was like Seattle summer with just a little more rain.
2. We went to the place that gets the most rain on earth. It was other worldly with so much green.
3. I found a teeny tiny baby gecko. He was darling, but quick.
4. We saw two chameleons and one big toad.
5. Chickens are a protected bird in Hawaii. They are everywhere and crow two hours before sunrise.
6. Snorkleing in Poipu was so fantastic. I didn't want to leave but we were both getting tired.
7. Philodendrons like we pamper in our households as precious little plants are a weed in Hawaii.
8. I got henna tattoos twice while there. They go away as your skin sloughs off so they aren't permanent. I'm looking into learning how to do it. The artist was very helpful in steering me toward the natural safe henna. There is some stuff on the market that will burn your skin. I'm really enjoying the tattoos.
9. Some people are going to be surprised when they see what I brought home for them.
10. Flying in today's time is like being a chicken packed into a tiny crate without the ability to move, having horrid food brought to you (I had to take my own) and a little cup of liquid brought to you at inconvenient times. The bathrooms would terrify MONK. On the trip home I took Benadryl to help me sleep through it. It worked.

11. Just an extra. When travelling put everything out on the bed and take twice as much money and half as many clothes. REALLY!

1 comment:

The Farrs said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to see some pictures :-). Aren't the flowers amazing in Hawaii? I was the same way when I snorkeled. I had a hard time doing it at first, and then Bill had to practically drag me off the beach! I loved it! Your comments make me laugh :-).