Monday, July 13, 2009

STILL HERE

Believe it or not I'm still here. We have been busy every weekend either travelling or working in the yard trimming shrubs and pulling blackberry vines the invasive weed of the Pacific Northwest. I'm getting settled in my studio space and have begun making a bit of jewelry: a gold colored freshwater pearl single strand necklace, a black freshwater pearl three strand necklace and learning the process of cold joined metal. Reading a lot is how I learn best, and that means not only books, but using the Internet as a tool for research. Both are time consuming.

Last week we saw a doe and her speckled fawn, probably a month of age. I took a video of them that is sweet, but until I learn how to edit it and prepare it for upload, you won't see it. It is a very small breed of deer that lives here in the Northwest, unlike the large Mule Deer that live in the colder Northwest areas.

I keep delighting in the growth of Sam and his gentle spirit. I think he gets that from both of his parents who, I might add, are most excellent parents with a wonderful sense of patience, love, and encouragement.

No comments: