Saturday, October 18, 2008

NEW HOUSE

Wow! I don't think I have ever done this in my life. Yesterday we signed papers on our new house and today we went to the appliance store and bought a new refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. I don't think that we have ever done that. Sticker shock (with tax) is still grating on our nerves, but I'm sure we will enjoy these modern conveniences for a long time. I will have crushed ice and filtered water to drink all the time. I love ice water and have just put up with tap water all of my life.

We walked out at the house today (we don't get keys until Tuesday) and looked at the variety of plants in our new property. It was so extremely quiet except for the sound of birds and the air felt clean and fresh because it is so purified by the trees in the area. I think it is going to be a good home and a great place for grandkids to grow up.

No comments: