Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FWIB

It seems a small thing when you think about it, but today I got to sweep out the garage and deck and sidewalk and driveway at our new house. It was a big job, but it was just sweeping. We used to play a game at dinner called FWIB. F was for the most fun thing of the day, W was for the worst thing of the day, I was for the most interesting and B was for the best. Today the most fun was sweeping, the worst was having aching arms, the most interesting was seeing the toadstools off the edge of the deck in the forest and the best was seeing the sunset in the sky as I swept. It was a small thing, but what a great part of my day.

2 comments:

Candy Jane said...

It's always the small, precious things that touch our soul, refresh our spirit, keep us going. I so appreciate your reminders to be in touch with those things of the natural world.
You put into a few words what I take reams to declare!
AND I have started a list of my favorite things, to go in my new lovely journal that Becky gifted me. I love ending the day on that note, or putting something on my "gratitude list".
Thank you, dear friend!

The Farrs said...

I am so thrilled for you! You and your husband are really quite amazing to be so brave and supportive of one another and to come out with such great blessings...What a team!