Saturday, November 26, 2005

Passing Muster

In art and writing there is a definite advantage to being nearsighted. It gives a grand close up perspective of the world as if through a magnifying lens. While all my other friends are putting on their bifocal and reading glasses, I am taking off my thick myopic lenses. Ah, the freedom of face in front of artwork. Of course, I must realize that the other half of the world that is not myopic must also be able to get something from my art. Therefore, I try to include a little bit for everybody in my work. Bright color for babies and children, big images for the hurried youth, and long distance effects for the elderly. It has been the omnipotently pious pen that has allowed me all of this freedom, and now I bequest this to my omnipotently pious brush, as well.

It must be realized that today's writing has been in an effort to "one up" my genius brother in law who prides himself in his ability to wrangle wizardly words with efficacious literacy. My hat is off to you brother, as I doubt that this will pass muster.

No comments: