Thursday, February 28, 2008

TAKING CHARGE

I have a friend who is an artist (who also has my sweet little parrotlet Isabo). She says that she has a hard time just getting sat down at her desk and working, so she sets a timer for 30 minutes. She begins to doodle and pretty soon she is working on something with intensity and the timer goes off and she just ignores it.

Having gained several pounds (ugh!) I decided to try the same concept except that I would do the right things for diet management and exercise management for 30 days. I know it is really TROML (the rest of my life), but 30 days is something I can look at for a short term and have a specific goal and look forward to what can happen in 30 days. I was sick with the flu and look what happened: I got flabby and unmuscled and that was for 21 days. I can reverse all of that and even gain more muscle which will increase metabolism.

This feels pretty radical and scary for me, but it is what I'm going to do. I'm hereby beginning the experiment as of 8:30 this morning. I've already done my exercise, eaten a healthy breakfast and walked the dog.

No comments: