Wednesday, January 02, 2008

TRYING A CONVERGENCE QUILT




I have wanted to make one of Ricky Tims' Convergence quilts since last summer. I had some scraps of batik fabric and Christmas break was a good time to concentrate on one. Thinking back on the process, I think that I would have made decisions to create more open space in the pieces. As well, I would not use complimentary colors as I did in this one. My eyes buzz when looking at it. The whole process was fun and very EASY. What amazed me most was how easy it was to get perfect piece matching.
The pictures show only the later steps in the process, but it does reveal how easy this was to make. Everything is just done in strips. The book I used for this is Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts. Instructions and great pictures are provided. Great job Ricky Tims for giving us beginning quilters a way to quilt without cutting out all of those tiny pieces. It is such a time saver.

2 comments:

Aimee B. said...

Looks great, Mom!

Candy Jane said...

gorgeous project - now I'm going to look for the book! thanks for sharing photos, very encouraging to us baby quilters...
Candy