Sunday, October 30, 2005

Process


I was asked the other day if I was goal oriented. No, I'm not. I enjoy the process so much that I don't have a "rush" when something gets finished. I do feel good about the result, but I miss the process that made the result come about. Saying goodbye to a project that I have loved doing is difficult. I wonder how many other artists feel this way and I also wonder how much this stops me and others from actually completing projects. It certainly influences how many projects I have going at one time. I always have several and it creates a sense of secure creativity to know that there is always something waiting for my creative energy. For me the outcome of painting, be it good or bad, is not as important as the fact that I spent time creating.

1 comment:

Aimee B. said...

I like having several projects going at once, but there is a point when I get too many going that I feel overwhelmed, and then I don't want to work on any of them. I do get a big "rush" when I finish a project. And I almost always think, why didn't I finish this earlier?