Sunday, January 30, 2011

CHRISTMAS GONE, CD'S SHIPPED

Finally Christmas decorations have been put away. After waiting a week for Chemo and then not feeling good for a week after chemo, I finally had the energy today to help Bob go through the Christmas decorations. We had so much more room for them in our large house and now I had to decide which special ones I wanted to keep. It will, in the future, make Christmas decorating and putting away much easier.

Bob has made a CD and many of you will be getting this via mail in the next week. He spent a long time working on it - many, many hours of thinking and creating to compose the work on this CD. I'm so proud of him and the quality of his composition.

As I sit here, I look at the new photos we got for Christmas of Sam and his family. He is so sweet and charming and well behaved and full of surprises. I could just hug him forever (but I won't). He wears an elf's grin all the time and one never knows what he will say next.

Daffodils are about 3" high and I'm looking for peonies to show their pink little heads. Soon the hosta will begin to sprout and we will have to be hot in pursuit as we plan to divide them this spring.
Our yard continues to grow and mature as we add new plants. Soon it will be warm enough to work in the yard again. Little green shoots show on our weigelia and I have finally discovered that it likes to be pruned in the spring after bloom. I thought it was a fall pruning plant. Learn, learn, learn.

We went on a drive to Marysville North of us last weekend and were in awe of the cantaloupe colored willows. There were also yellow weeping willow branches, but the orange ones were vibrant and delicious to look at. All of the trees looked as if they were just waiting for the flag to go down in order to start leafing out. How I love this time of year.

If you are wanting hosta starts, let me know and plan to pick them up when we divide them.

1 comment:

Aimee B. said...

Okay, so here I am leaving a comment :)