Monday, January 05, 2009

VISITORS

We knew when we moved to this house in the woods that there was wildlife. It didn't take too long before we began seeing a doe and this years' fawn (that is the fawn on the left). They have been frequent visitors to our yard. Just before this photo was taken the rose bush on the very far left, almost off the photo had the last leaves nibbled by these hungry deer. I suspect they are the ones that snatched the ripe pear off the pear tree last fall before we moved in. There are definitely coyote, bobcat, and we have heard reports of wolves and cougar. I will keep my ears and eyes aware when gardening in our yard and hopefully the only critters I'll see are the slugs and an occasional salamander. However, from this entry you will note that gardening is a while away yet.

1 comment:

The Farrs said...

I just caught up on your pictures again. Speaking of that, you are quite the photographer yourself! I love the pictures of your cats (especially in the box), and the snow pictures are wonderful. I especially like the picture of you looking down at your little Sam. Isn't it wonderful to live in a place with such beauty all around you, and a variety of wildlife included?!